Setting up Seagate BackupPlus HD with Airport Time Capsule

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Just a side note to using Time Machine with 2 drives, it backs up to one then maybe an hour later it'll back up to the other & then it'll backup to the first again and it does this every time, alternating between discs ... this means that the first backup disc will possibly always be different to the second depending on any changes to files etc.

So you need to always bare that in mind if you are restoring anything.

Reaction score
Well there's this way;
  1. Open a new Finder window. ...
  2. Drag the folder "Backups.backupdb" from the original backup drive to the top level of the new backup drive.
  3. Enter an administrator name and password, then click OK to start the copying process.

Or you can use a 3rd party app like SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner to make an exact copy of your Time Capsule.

Clone an Existing Drive

Reaction score
I started having trouble with my Time Capsule - the router function - and couldn't back up. I bought a Seagate backup Plus 2TB, and installed it - despite the fact that the format selection (GUID...) did not show up. It seems to be working fine, and did its first backup right away.

Now I wonder if I can use the hard drive function by connecting via the USB or ethernet ports.

Ask a Question