Restoring extensions, settings in Chrome after resetting

Reaction score
Chrome 60, OS 10.9.5

A favorite extension and a related standalone app (Liquid words and Liquid flow) quit working in Chrome, not in other browsers, or in Chrome on a bootable clone, so it's specific to this installation of Chrome, which otherwise seems fine. I'd like to fix, possibly by resetting the browser, but don't want to lose Pocket info, other extensions, bookmarks, etc. Just Googling this question returns a welter of confusing suggestions where something is different in either OS or browser version than ones I'm using. Easy to reset browser to default settings, apparently, but not so clear on how to return it to previous functionality.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-I assume you mean Liquid | Flow and Liquid | Author? _ don't have any experience with those apps however.
-Is there an actual Chrome Extension, and if so, does it still show as installed?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

-I assume you mean Liquid | Flow and Liquid | Author? _ don't have any experience with those apps however.
-Is there an actual Chrome Extension, and if so, does it still show as installed?

C
There is both a Liquid words browser extension and a standalone Liquid flow app, both extremely useful. You can translate, search, etc. a selected block of text on a web page. The function I use most is to copy the selected text with its URL. Both these unexpectedly quit working with Chrome. They will copy the selected text, but not the URL. They both work with other browsers, and they both work with Chrome on a bootable clone I recently made.

I did a complete deletion of Chrome, and then a reinstall including restoring settings, including extensions. Liquid words worked briefly again, though I couldn't configure it in its preferences, then it just quit working again. It seemed logical that it was a Chrome issue, but the failure of a reinstall to fix it has really baffled me. I could completely restore the drive the the state of the clone, but I'd lose everything since the clone was created, something of a PIA.

Ask a Question