plugin locks iphoto export

Reaction score
i cannot export on iphoto 9.4, everytime i do, a plugin called Gallery Export.iPhoto Exporter locks it. It presents a register splash screen that only offers a register option. if i cancel it cancals all export options - if i register it says i have no internet! Im totally baffled! It never allows we to choose any other export options. When I looked for the programme on my mac i could find no sign of it anywhere. I looked in the plugins folder for iphoto and no sign. I tried copying a version from my other mac into the said folder but no change. Can anyone help? I have never used this plugin and only want to get back file export!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello an welcome.

Plugins for that version of iPhoto are usually located within the application itself. To remove:

1. Quit iPhoto so that it is not running
2. Navigate to Macintosh HD > Applications folder
3. Control-click or right-click on the iPhoto application icon and select Show Package Contents
4. Double-click the Contents folder in the window that opens
5. Double-click the PlugIns folder
6. Drag the file that contains GalleyExport.iPhotoExporter to the trash
7. Close the window(s) and launch iPhoto

Let us know how you get on,

C

Reaction score
hi thanks for the reply. when i go to contents, there is nothing inside other than a tiny file pkginfo. Iv alos gone to application support/iphoto/plugins, and its not there either!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
When you Control-click on the iPhoto app and Show Package Contents, there should be several items in there as shown:

iphotopkg.png

Did you try list view instead of icon view?

You may have to reinstall iPhoto.

C

Ask a Question