PLEASE HELP! deleted disk image

Reaction score
Hi, i had an encrypted (had password) disk image i created in disk utility with all of my childhood and marriage pictures, had an icon for it in my desktop and i accidentaly deleted it and also deleted the trashcan things afterwards (didn't notice i deleted it by then)
is there any way i can get it back?
i don't use time machine btw

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Possibly Disk Drill or another third party application. Sorry to hear about the mishap. Personally I would take to Apple care and ask them to recover the data, but it will money well spent.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Possibly Disk Drill or another third party application. Sorry to hear about the mishap. Personally I would take to Apple care and ask them to recover the data, but it will money well spent.

Initially it is good to try with 3rd party software. Even they are costly (around $100) but they will be cheaper than data recovery services.

Reaction score
Hi, i had an encrypted (had password) disk image i created in disk utility with all of my childhood and marriage pictures, had an icon for it in my desktop and i accidentaly deleted it and also deleted the trashcan things afterwards (didn't notice i deleted it by then)
is there any way i can get it back?
i don't use time machine btw

In your case you should first try free demo version of software. Disk Drill will do or you can also opt for Stellar Phoenix Mac data recovery which is another reliable software for recovery. Do let us know about your trial.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Unfortunately, Apple doesn't perform any form of data recovery. They can provide you with information for several data recovery software applications, as well as contact information for professional data recovery services.

C

Ask a Question