Please help! Deleted my files on my external hard drive!

Reaction score
Hi, can someone help me? I was installing some new software to my mac G4 pro, and a meassge came up and said: Do you want to override your files on your hard drive (external), I said no, then without warning my hardrive icon disappeared. I re-opened it and to my shock and horror all my files have now disappeared! Does anyone know how to reinstall deleted files, I've lost all my work of 2 years! Has this ever happened to anyone else before. Look forward to any suggestions!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

DataRescue II is your best course of action...

Have a read of this thread and download the demo, it should show you if the files are still on the drive.

If you are not sure what to do with the software let us know and we'll walk you through using it.

There is nothing built in to OS X that allows you to recover files you need a third party piece of software...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Ric

Thank you so much for your help. I tried to sort it with free download but my files were to big, so I purchased the software and its managed to find most of them, although it has wiped my file names out.! All I have to do now is go through 25,000 files and name them again!!!

Thank you so much again for your help.

Kind regards

Lou

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Lou,

No problem, thanks for letting us know how you get on !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question