Moving photos

Reaction score
I find it quite hard to move photos around, and to move around in Photos.

I've got in my Macbook a dozen or two albums which I created importing photos from camera or memory disk (plus a lot of odd disorganised ones). I have a lot more photos in this memory hard disc that I want to import.

In Mac help it says you can drag-and-drop into the photos icon. But if I do that, it doesn't import the folder, it imports rather the contents, all the photos that are in the folder into a place called new photos successfully imported or something. And then I have to immediately create a new album, hopefully with the same name as the old. If I didn't do it immediately I think there is a risk of extra disorganisation, photos locations could get displaced from one album to another etc. If instead I open photos and drag-and-drop into the sidebar it is the same thing. And if I use the other procedure for import in the instructions, it is still the same thing.

This is too manual, with too much risk of disorganisation as well as time wasting. I just want to move a file with its title and intact contents from one place to another, from the outside memory to the Mac. Without necessarily wanting to look inside the file at this time.

Is there an easy way to do that?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

You could try creating a new album and giving it a title. Then, open the folder of photos, select all, then drag them to the album name in the sidebar of Photos. It should import them into Photos an add them to the album you dragged them onto.

You can also import the photos, then select them all in the Last Import folder, click File > New Album, name it, and it will create an album with all of those photos in it and add it in the album list.

Does that help any?

C

Ask a Question