Movies Folder and Storage

Reaction score
Hi, two questions here:

Firstly, how do I view what is taking up the 'other' storage space? I know that lots of this is taken up immediately from various essential software etc, but I want to be able to view what's actually in it to see what I can delete.
upload_2014-1-6_18-40-49.png

My second query is that my storage is showing 23.94GB of Movies, which is fine, but in my finder nothing appears in the Movies folder:
How do I change this so I can view all my movie files in this?

upload_2014-1-6_18-43-39.png

Many Thanks,
Kris

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
My second query is that my storage is showing 23.94GB of Movies, which is fine, but in my finder nothing appears in the Movies folder:
How do I change this so I can view all my movie files in this?

Not sure but if you have movies imported from a camera directly to iPhoto then they would be stored in your iPhoto Library which is in Pictures

Reaction score
There also Movies in Games, Internet Caches and iPhoto or Photobooth.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If you like, you can open a Finder window and click on "All My Files", press ⌘ 2 to sort into List View.

Next, just type different movie file extensions in the search field, .mov, mp4, 3gp, .avi etc.

If you don't already have this handy feature enabled, click "View" in the menubar at the top of your screen, select "Show Path Bar", so if you click a movie in the results list, the file path to it is displayed at the bottom of the Finder window.

You can also click any file and Ctrl-click or Right-click and select "Open Enclosing Folder" to go straight to a files location

Ask a Question