SOLVED Mouse problems in Mac Mini on Pages App

Reaction score
I have a new Mac Mini. When I use pages the mouse jumps around on the screen. Example. I'm typing in a multi page document and scroll down a few lines to make a change. When I click on the mouse where I want to return to, it jumps clear back to top of the first page. If I leave pages and go to another App and return it does it also. The mouse just can't remember where it was anytime I move around. I'm using the new Apple blue tooth mouse. I switched to an old $10 mouse, it does it also. I switched to a USB mouse, it also skips around. So I don't think its the mouse. My screen is a 43 inch TV. I tried turning it off and using a ordinary Dell screen. still does it. I've clean the mouse's, restarted bluetooth, shut down completely etc.. Only in pages. Any ideas

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
  • Which model Mac?
  • Which version of macOS?
  • Which version of Pages?
  • It only does this in Pages, correct?
C

Reaction score
Its the latest Mac Mini M1 chip 16 gb.Ventura 13.3.1, The latest version of Pages 13.0. .
It did this in the last version of Pages also. And it also does it when I move back and forth between Pages and ProwritingAid.
My Mac Mini is about 4 months old. It only started doing this a month ago. But I have made no changes in hardware etc..
I'm using an old apple usb keyboard for 2012.

Reaction score
I should also mention that my keyboard is not working well either. I'm working on a 15 page document. Using the up and down keys the pages go wild, flipping backing forth, and usually race back to the top of the first page. This same document works fine on my older 2013 iMac .

Reaction score
I should also mention that my keyboard is not working well either. I'm working on a 15 page document. Using the up and down keys the pages go wild, flipping backing forth, and usually race back to the top of the first page. This same document works fine on my older 2013 iMac .
I could be a mismatch/incompatibility between the M1 Mac and the mouse and keyboard. You did not specify details about them. If you can borrow a newer or different keyboard and mouse (or trackpad), you can test to see if the problems persist.

Ask a Question