MBA cannot see HP printer

Reaction score
I have two DD-WRT routers in my house, connected by CAT5 each with their own wireless access points (different SSIDs), one called "up" the other called "down." "Down" doesn't serve DHCP, it passes it to "up," the main router.

I have a wireless HP printer connected to the "down" network's wireless access point, with a static IP address assigned on the "up" routers config page.

My MacBook Air can only print wirelessly to this printer if its connected to the "down" wifi, same wireless access point as the printer. The printer dialogue says its unable to locate printer if connected to the "up" wifi.

The two wireless routers are on the same subnet, and other (wired) clients can see and use the printer if connected to either router, but not the MBA.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thank you.

Reaction score
wireless HP printer
we have found that the wireless in printers to be a very strange beast, anything that is not totally stock standard and they cause no end of problems. We really try to plug them in.

Ask a Question