Water On My MBA - Dessicant?

Reaction score
Hey guys

Not having a great week, my iPhone is on the blitz and macbook air got a wash.

I am wondering,

I read of the various ways to 'dry out' a macbook, most of them say you take ur MacBook Air completely apart and leave the pieces sitting in rice.
I don't really wanna do that cause rice has dust on it and there will be rice everywhere.

So my alternative is that I've removed the battery and outer casing and put my macbook air into a 60L sealed box with 3 dehumidifiers i.e desiccant, which absorb moisture from the air.

Does anyone have ay ideas, thoughts or experience about this method working?

I can't see how it would be much different from rice as the rice can't exactly physically touch the water anyway, so its all gonna be moisture via air absorption anyway.

Anyone got any other ideas or can point out some flaws in my thinking?

pics

29liscw.jpg

11boykl.jpg

308fiu8.jpg

Reaction score
Hi,

Your idea sound good and I wish you luck, do know many that have saved dunked iPhone's by putting them in a bowl of rice for a few days;)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry to hear of your accident. I have read reports of several techniques working, but normally that is only for while and not permanent. Depending on how much liquid actually made it to the internal components, the Mac may work. Make sure you inspect the board to ensure there isn't any corrosion. If there is, you will definitely need to have it looked at and repaired. That would be my official suggestion anyway. Even if you don't see any evidence of the liquid spill or corrosion, the internal components may have failed.

Best of luck,

C

Ask a Question