Mac is glitchy?

Reaction score
I was on my Mac, and I was on youtube and facebook with my beats plugged in when my computer screen started glitching. I saw streaks of pink and the screen started showing grainy gray streaks as well, and this really screechy sound started blaring. the whole computer was frozen as well, so i held the power button until it shut off. I let it sit for a bit and tried it again, and it didn't start glitching until about 15 minutes later when I was playing another video. I was wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else? Is it a virus or is something wrong with my mac or my headphones. any help is appreciated thank you!

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Very much doubt it is a virus, Mac don't get them.
Personally I would connect an external monitor, and if the problem doesn't appear on the external monitor then you possibly have a failing internal lcd display panel or cable.

But if the problem does appear on the external monitor as well, then that would indicate to me its a graphics chip / logic board issue.
Would be good to know your Mac specs, year model etc.

Ask a Question