iTunes on external drive can not find library

Reaction score
I am using a Mac and latest version of iTunes.

I moved all the content in the library to an external NAS six months ago. All worked well. I kept doing the startup of iTunes with the alt key as soon as I wanted to add content to the library on the NAS, as I bought new music.

Now it refuses to accept the folder on the NAS at the library folder. I have not altered the content apart from adding new music files.

Has anyone experienced this before? What could I do? I assume that if the library files now all of a sudden are gone from the NAS, I can not replace them with what is on my Mac. Can they be rebuilt somehow?

Thank you in advance,

Ric

Reaction score
I kept doing the startup of iTunes with the alt key as soon as I wanted to add content to the library on the NAS, as I bought new music.
Why didn't you just drag the new music into iTunes and let it manage the locations and PLISTs?

Can't you just navigate to the NAS and look at the folder, see what you have done? If you've deleted them or they are somehow missing then what has happened?

iPhoto, iTunes and iMove, PhotoBooth Libraries are not designed for users to alter in any way, the changes should be made within their apps.

Ask a Question