How do I access my contacts "easily" in Mail?

Reaction score
I thought I would switch my e-mail program from Thunderbird to Mail since it was sitting there on my dock.
Ok, did that no problem. The problem is that when I want to write a message and pick my contacts, there is no list to chose from. Where do I find those? Don't tell me I have to remember the name of every person I plan to send my e-mail to.

I have an imac 21 in desktop (2009) running 10.10.1

3.06 ghz Intel duo 2 core

12 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Here's a screenshot of what I get with a new message.
Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 10.32.20 AM.png

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
When you receive an email from someone, if you click on "Message" in the menu there is an option to "Add sender to Address Book". This is one way to get there the other way is to already have your friends or colleague's email addresses already added in Address Book.

BUT WAIT There might be more ….

If in Thunderbird you already have all the past recipients email addresses collected then just export them by clicking on "Window" in the Thunderbird menu then Address Book. When the Address Book panel opens, select them from the left pane & click on "Tools" in the menu then "Export" as LDIF … then open Address Book & import the LDIF & you should be good to go.

Ask a Question