Facebook stopped working on Safari

Reaction score
After uploading photos to my Facebook account on Safari, I was unable to go back to them to provide a description. Now on my main Feed I only see the very latest that anyone has posted but nothing else. I thought it might have been an internet issue but if I use Firefox as my browser, Facebook works just fine. How do I get Safari to perform as it always has in the past. FYI- I used the Develop menu item in Safari to clear the cache but this had no effect. Using a MacBook Pro and Safari 11.1.2.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Do you have your Facebook account added in System Preferences... > Internet Accounts?
-Do you get the same view on an iPhone/iPad with Safari?
-Do you have any third-party utilities such as MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, or any antivirus/Internet security apps installed?
-Do you have any Safari Extensions installed?

C

Reaction score
I'm running macOS 10.13.6, my Facebook account is included in Internet Accounts under System Preferences and I do not run any of the utilities you mentioned. Not sure what you mean by "view" on my iPhone but I am able to see more postings and can annotate my photos if I use my phone. I also get full access to FB activities if I use Firefox as my browser instead of Safari.

Now, this problem with Safari JUST happened a couple days before I posted the query. Before that it worked fine. I could upload 20 photos and then go back to them to provide a description, tag the photos and provide location info. But not now in Safari. Something similar happened a couple of months ago with my access to the Weather Channel (weather.com). Previously this website would let me select a number of cities and quickly provide hourly or 10-day forecasts, etc. But the site became unresponsive when using Safari. Could bring up the page but none of the links would respond. However, when I went to the same page using Firefox, everything worked just fine. So something in Safari is not functioning properly. I believe I have cleared the cache using the Develop menu item but I don't know how to prove that since all I do is click on the "Empty Caches" selection.

Finally, I have no idea what Safari Extensions may or may not do for you. I have not intentionally installed any from the App Store.

Reaction score
Addendum: I am using AdBlocker and Web of Trust and have been using these for several years. Is that what you mean by Safari Extensions?

Ask a Question