El Capitan Driver

Reaction score
Hi People.

First ever question here.

Im a photographer and have a MacBook Pro which I only really use {did use} for printing at events. My printer is a Mitsubishi 9800 DW and worked totally fine until I upgraded to El Capitan. The last driver release for my printer was 10.5-6 so therefore when I updated it doesn't work anymore. I don't have a back up and also have limited Mac knowledge too. Also I now have a £1000 Macbook and a £1500 printer which are totally useless to me.

Any advice on what I can do please?

Many thanks.

Nick

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry to hear this, but Mitsubishi really should have had this sorted by now, El Capitan is not that new now. I would defiantly contact them about a driver release date. This is why I like Canon products.

Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean but Canon don't seem to be on the event printer game. I tried to contact System Insight who deal with all dye sub printers and they just said "yeah they haven't brought out an updated driver"
Cheers for your reply.

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry to hear this, but Mitsubishi really should have had this sorted by now, El Capitan is not that new now. I would defiantly contact them about a driver release date. This is why I like Canon products.

Yeah I know what you mean but Canon don't seem to be on the event printer game. I tried to contact System Insight who deal with all dye sub printers and they just said "yeah they haven't brought out an updated driver"
Cheers for your reply.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Which version of OS X did you upgrade from? Unfortunately, that printer was released back in 2007 (from what I can find), which is when Mac OS X Leopard was the current version of OS X. Many specialized printers like your Mitsubishi are supported for a few years and a couple of OS versions, but fall by the wayside by the manufacturer.

You could always purchase an external hard drive, install Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.6 on it, install the Mitsubishi driver that was working, and startup from it when you need access to the printer. I know that is an additional small expense, but it would restore your ability to continue to use that printer.

C

Reaction score
This sort of lag by hardware suppliers really annoys me, especially when it involves your daily working. Shows how committed they are to us there customers.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Which version of OS X did you upgrade from? Unfortunately, that printer was released back in 2007 (from what I can find), which is when Mac OS X Leopard was the current version of OS X. Many specialized printers like your Mitsubishi are supported for a few years and a couple of OS versions, but fall by the wayside by the manufacturer.

You could always purchase an external hard drive, install Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.6 on it, install the Mitsubishi driver that was working, and startup from it when you need access to the printer. I know that is an additional small expense, but it would restore your ability to continue to use that printer.

C

Hi there.
Im not sure what version I was on but I suspect it was 10.4 or 10.5 as that is the latest drivers I can find for the printer. If there is an option to re-install this version then thats totally fine for me but for some reason when I phoned apple support they told me I couldn't ?????
I don't mind a small expense because I'm currently using my wife's pc laptop running on XP and it works perfectly but the screen is pretty bad.

How do I get this earlier version?

Thanks so much for your reply.

Reaction score
Hi,

You say all was OK before the upgrade to El Capitan, what was your previous OS X?

Reaction score
Hi,

You say all was OK before the upgrade to El Capitan, what was your previous OS X?

Yes it was working perfectly then boom, stopped. Im not sure what the previous OS X was but I'm pretty sure it was the version straight before it. Sorry, my knowledge isn't very good on mac stuff.

Ask a Question