Downloading El Capitan

Reaction score
when I click on the download button, the clockwise spinner on the top left of the screen starts spinning and nothing else happens. The spinning just goes on and on. Is there anything I should have done beforehand?

Reaction score
It does take some time to download it, even with a "rather" fast connection. What is frustrating for me is that I cannot, for the life of me, find a way, with the App Store's site, to see the progress of the download. I did "stumble" upon it a couple of times in the past, but it certainly was not intuitive.

Can anyone let me know how to monitor downloads from the App Store?

Reaction score
To Monitor Downloads all you need to do is go to Launchpad and it will show you there
I updated my laptop to OS X EI Capitan yesterday, and it works fine. Ulthough it did take a long time to download, and a good 30 Minutes to Install.
Hope This Helped.

Reaction score
when I click on the download button, the clockwise spinner on the top left of the screen starts spinning and nothing else happens. The spinning just goes on and on. Is there anything I should have done beforehand?
To Monitor Downloads all you need to do is go to Launchpad and it will show you there
I updated my laptop to OS X EI Capitan yesterday, and it works fine. Ulthough it did take a long time to download, and a good 30 Minutes to Install.
Hope This Helped.
Thank you! It is now installing.

Reaction score
Hope This Helped.

Thanks for that tip! Too bad Apple does not make it easy to monitor downloads directly from the App Store. But, I'll remember the Launchpad tip.

I am confident El Capitan will work just fine, although there are some significant changes in Disk Utility. But, I am still waiting for a couple of critical applications to be updated for OS 10.11 compatibility before I install it.

Given that I have two SuperDuper! backups for both of my Macs on two different external devices, I am going to do a complete, clean installation of OS 10.11. That is, I'll first boot into the SuperDuper! backup, launch Disk Utility there to Erase, Format, and partition the internal SSD, then do a clean installation of El Capitan onto the SSD. I'll then re-boot into OS 10.11, then run Migration Assistant from there to "migrate" (ie, copy) all the non-Apple stuff from that backup to the SSD. Finally, given that recent versions of Onyx are OS-specific, I will need to install the new, OS 10.11 compatible version of Onyx. I will then be good to go.

Wonder why an OS 10.11.1 update is already out there, in beta testing? In fact, it has been available for testing for quite some time.

Ask a Question