Chinese characters not displayed

Reaction score
Hi,

I have two Chinese language websites that none of my browsers display correctly:

http://res.chinapostdoctor.org.cn/Program/Main.html
http://postdoctors.nju.edu.cn/nju/index_news.htm

On the first website, most characters show up as ?ÖÊ! etc. On the second website, the text doesn't display at all. I have no such problem with other Chinese language websites, and I can also write Chinese in emails etc. I have tried to access these two sites with Safari, Firefox and Chrome. I have Mac OS X 10.6.8. I also tried to open them on my PC, with Firefox, had the same problem.

Reaction score
Hi,

I do not normally click unknown links, but your first site really had issues here is a screen shot of second which seems fine to me. This was on a machine running OS X 10.8.3 and Safari 6.0.4. So can only deduce ( my humble opinion) that there are site code issues not Mac or browser issues.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-27 at 22.46.45.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-27 at 22.46.45.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 254
Reaction score
Safari > View > Text Encoding > Choose Your Characters, I cant read it so I don't know which Chinese

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried the text encoding, it didn't help.

I get the same view of the second site as in that screenshot. There should be text under those headings. I guess the problem is with the sites then.

Reaction score
Hi,

Just to add a friend this morning tried to access the sites from a PC running Seamonkey and got the same results, so yes starting at the site may be your first step. Sorry not to be more helpful.

Ask a Question