Chinese Pinyin input problems

Reaction score
basically, as the image shows, when i enter the pinyin, the character suggestions are not showing up, this happened completely out of the blue and I have no idea how to fix this problem. Usually they drop down under where the pinyin is being typed and I can select an option. I'm currently studying chinese so this is a huge problem for me. can any of you guys help?

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 8.36.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 8.36.52 PM.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 373
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the response.
I already know how to type with pinyin and can do all of that, as this has been working for years. The problem is more of a random problem that has recently surfaced.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
-Which version of OS X?
-Have you tried selecting another language/keyboard, restarting, re-selecting the Pinyin, then restarting?
-Is the issue system-wide, or in specific apps?

C

Reaction score
Hello there.
I have the same issue as the one described above: when i enter the chinese pinyin, the character suggestions are not showing up, this happened completely out of the blue. Usually they drop down under where the pinyin is being typed and I can select an option for the chinese character which i want to use. But now is suddenly not working.
I own a Macbook air, Model A 1465, Finder version 10.11.4, this is a system-wide issue, is not on a specific apps.
i have tried to select other languages, de-select, restart, all the possibilities, still no result

Ask a Question