Can't set correct clock time

Reaction score
My PowerBook G4 has set its clock as Dec. 1969 and it returns to that date even when I reset it. This first started when I took the battery out due to the recent recall. I would appreciate any advice on getting the correct time set. Thanks.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there jsohn35 and welcome,

have you had any luck with rpphoto's suggestions ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
My PowerBook G4 has set its clock as Dec. 1969 and it returns to that date even when I reset it. This first started when I took the battery out due to the recent recall. I would appreciate any advice on getting the correct time set. Thanks.
Please state your process for setting the time. That MAY be your problem, then again maybe not but its worth \looking into your process.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Depending on which model you have, many PowerBooks use the main battery in place of a PRAM (Parameter RAM) battery. That is the battery that keeps your startup drive selection, time, etc. when you power off.

Let me know the exact model PB - screen size - processor speed - model number - etc.

C

Ask a Question