Cannot set time as it is locked to network server - help?

Reaction score
Hi all
So I have a frustrating problem with my mac. I cannot set the time manually and setting it to an automatic location is not solving the problem. Currently my clock is around 5 minutes off.

Even after I input an admin password, the manual options remain locked. Is there any way for me to change the time server the mac is attached to? It is all greyed out at the moment.

Screen shot 2014-10-24 at 14.24.41.png

Argh.

Thank you
Elizabeth

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

It seems as if your Mac is owned by a school system, possibly St. Cuthbert's Catholic High School in Newcastle? If so, the IT department may have set it up a particular way to prevent adjustment of certain functions, to ensure compliance with the school/district IT and network performance/accessibility/security policies. They may use their own network time server to ensure the ability of staff/student equipment to access network drives, mobile/network user accounts, shared network printers, etc.

I would check with them first before attempting to change any settings like this,

C

Ask a Question