Cannot connect OSX 10.4 Tiger to wifi with password

Reaction score
I have two old G3's or G4's that can only run OSX 10.4 Tiger. They connect to unsecured routers just fine.

But the problem is they cannot connect to my Q1000 Centurylink wifi router when i put a password on it. I have tried WEP-personal AES and TKIP configurations, but they tell me they are unable to connect. I know there are few of these around but it seems odd that i cannot find this issue on the internet with a Google search.

Can you think of any work around?

A different forum that is more relevant?

Reaction score
Ok, WPA is the only possible, but i cannot get it to work. I dont know why. Maybe it is the encryption format. At first i thot something was wrong with the computer, but with two computer, and nothing on a Google search, now i suspect the router.

Reaction score
Also check that the router doesn't step all devices down to the slowest connection, you might be better having the slower WiFi on their own basestation, I recommend an Apple one.

Ask a Question