Asking help on more s/w...

Reaction score
I've been asked to look at buying final cut... and the person who asked said they seen it for £60... well I'm not sure what final cut they want, but I cant find one for that price, and was wondering if anyone could help!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Claire,

There are two types...

Final Cut Express HD

and

Final Cut Pro 5...this is now only available in a Bundle called Final Cut Studio along with other Apps.

Unless whoever needs it wants to do really proffesional TV work Final Cut Express HD is very good for most people...I have it myself !

Price's... Final Cut Express HD is £199 and the Studio Bundle is £899.00

£60 sounds a bit dodgy ...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks, thats the price I found it for too, Couldn't see another but thought I would check because i don't want to order the wrong one!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

I have Final Cut Express and it is an amazing application for the money. A lot of the differences between it and it's big brother are the "pro-level" functionality...mostly things the average user would never use.

I always suggest to home users to get proficient with iMovie HD, buy Final Cut Express HD if their needs expand, and upgrade that to Final Cut if they really need the top-level functionality.

C

Reaction score
Well, thanks for the help. Just bought 2 licences of Final Cut Express HD, and will let you know once I've installed it.

Ric

Reaction score
It's a good piece of software...

...let us know if you need any tips.

You need plenty of Hard Drive space if you do the full install Livetype takes up 9GB on it's own !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question