Imac asking me to re-register!! Please help!

Reaction score
I have a new (ish) Imac - I recently started a regular software update, after receiving the auto prompts, and the Imac immediately froze up.

I then switched off & rebooted the machine and now I am being asked to re-register! Having gone through the process and answered all the questions - hoping all would go back to normal - it asks me to register again, and again.

I have lots of photos, films & music that I am afraid might be lost and can't use the computer.

Does anyone have any ideas?? They would be very much appreciated.

Reaction score
I have a new (ish) Imac - I recently started a regular software update, after receiving the auto prompts, and the Imac immediately froze up.

I then switched off & rebooted the machine and now I am being asked to re-register! Having gone through the process and answered all the questions - hoping all would go back to normal - it asks me to register again, and again.

I have lots of photos, films & music that I am afraid might be lost and can't use the computer.

Does anyone have any ideas?? They would be very much appreciated.

Do you have the installation disc?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Can you remember if this Software Update included any special instructions regarding installation/restarting.

Ask a Question