you tube

Reaction score
When ever I use you tube I have to monkey around to get it to provide content. Especially when someone sends me a link. When I bring up the link I see the diamond in the middle of the screen and click on it. What I get is a smaller diamond in the upper left corner and only sound. I can see glimpses by moving the cursor along the play line but nothing moving.

Dave

Reaction score
I have no problems at all with YouTube via Google Chrome. Similarly with Safari, although I rarely use Safari. You might want to try another browser, just to see what happens.

What OS are you using?

Reaction score
I do not think it is the browser as I use firefox on my PC as well with no problems. There is something to do with adobe, I think but am not sure. Not sure why I think that. Very occasionally it works like it should but that is about 1 percent.

What I have to do to view the things sent to me is look at the subject, start youtube, search for the title which is not always possible and bring it up. The same problem occurs but I can hit the "next video" option and sometimes I have to hit the next one again but then up comes the video. I then back up to the one I want to see and everything is fine!

Dave

Reaction score
I assume you mean Adobe Flash Player. There has been quite a lot of negative "press" about it, and in fact, more and more advice about not using it. I do not have it installed in Google Chrome, and I have no issue at all with viewing stuff on YouTube. The same is true for Firefox on my Macs.

Can you disable Adobe Flash Player, and then try it, to see what happens?

Reaction score
The only Adobe app that I use as an extension with Google Chrome is Adobe Acrobat, which of course is convenient to view PDFs that are "connected/part of" a site that one visits.

Last edited:

Ask a Question