SOLVED You Tube Red Shift

Reaction score
I have noticed when I use either Microsoft Edge or Safari. watching YouTube that occasionally the video will have a red shift to it. If I move my mouse, the shift goes away and the video is normal. I have MacOs Catalina running on either a MacBook Pro or MacMini.Although if I am using MacOs High SIerra, the shift isn't present. Therefore, since I have a Windows partition set up, I generally stay in Windows using Microsoft Edge with no red shift to the video. Any ideas?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I haven't seen that issue personally. From your post, it sounds like it may be an issue in Catalina, since it works in High Sierra and Windows. Have you tried Google Chrome on the Catalina Macs?

C

Reaction score
I loaded up Chrome while in Catalina. Same thing. Got a red shift watching a video. Any other suggestions

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...

Maybe upload a screenshot of the issue? It is sounding more like a Catalina issue.

Any third-party utilities or antivirus installed?

C

Reaction score
Interesting update for you. I recently purchased a 2012 27" IMac that has MacOs Catalina loaded on it. I have played videos on YouTube and as of yet have not seen the problem that I encountered on my 2012 MacMini. Go figure. I don't know other than the monitor that I was using with the Mini that is that much different. The monitor I was using was a 24" Dell connected by an HDMI cable. Just thought I'd let you all know.

Ask a Question