You tube blocked

Reaction score
How do I go about finding out what is blocking you tube videos. I click on a video and a screen shows up with a thumbnail of a script F or Y and nothing beyond that. I have received links to other videos that show this cypher and it then changes to a "go" arrow and everything works fine. There must be something that is set to block the you tube videos but I cannot find it. Yes there is that script F right below the "create thread" box and when I put the cursor there it converts to a go arrow.

Dave

Reaction score
I also use Firefox 35.0.1, but with Yosemite (10.10.2). Don't quite understand what you mean by "I click on a video and a screen shows up with a thumbnail of a script F or Y and nothing beyond that.". When I go to YouTube and type in "The Americans Season 3", I get quite a few videos to choose from:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the americans season 3

Clicking on any of those then gives me the next screen, and the video starts. For example, clicking on the first one gives me:

The video just starts right away. Of course, I can pause/stop it anytime I want. By the way, you should be able to just click on that arrow in the video, and it should play.

Reaction score
I also use Firefox 35.0.1, but with Yosemite (10.10.2). Don't quite understand what you mean by "I click on a video and a screen shows up with a thumbnail of a script F or Y and nothing beyond that.". When I go to YouTube and type in "The Americans Season 3", I get quite a few videos to choose from:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the americans season 3

Clicking on any of those then gives me the next screen, and the video starts. For example, clicking on the first one gives me:

The video just starts right away. Of course, I can pause/stop it anytime I want. By the way, you should be able to just click on that arrow in the video, and it should play.

that is a good illustration of what happens to me. Except that when the cursor moves onto the window the "F" does not turn into a triangular arrow. Nothing happens. Period. I cannot find out why.

Reaction score
For me. when I go to youtube.com, there are quite a videos right there. When I clicked on the one for the NBA Slam Dunk contest (the first one), the next screen appeared, did not see an "F", and the video started playing automatically. I of course can stop it, and the re-start it, either from the same spot or from the beginning.

By the way, what happens when you use another browser, like Safari? Same thing?

Reaction score
Unless you deleted it, Safari got installed with Mavericks (including the 10.9.5 update). It should be in your Applications folder.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did not find anything in Applications but did find what must be parts of it when I did a search. I must have removed it from Applications but that did not get rid of all the parts. I miss the remove software in Windows.

Ask a Question