SOLVED Wrong date and time in Photos

Reaction score
Dear Helpers,

My camera broke down and I was forced to use a (very) old one for my holiday photos. 'Of course' I forgot to reset date and time and I am now left with an long series of (mostly nice) pictures with wrong date and time. With all the wrong timewise storage consequences of it.

The series extends apparently between
24/04/2012 - 01:12:32 and 29/04/2012 - 05:08:07 but in reality they were taken between
12/07/2020 - ~17h and 17/07/2020 - ~21h

I know that in Photos on my Mac one can change date and time photo by photo. But how can one do that systematically and automatically for a large series?

I think it would eventually reduce the problem to divide the lot into files on a day by day basis. For each dayfile one has then only to change the date into a chosen standard date (taking care of day-time limits at day end and beginning) and change the time (the latter can of course be done in a rather coarse way with a precision of minutes or even of an hour). But then it is still a lot of work if one does it photo by photo.

Who could help me with a good solution?
Thanks in advance!

Dirk
macOS Catalina 10.15.6
Photos 5.0 (161.0.120)

Reaction score
Try this:

In the photos app select a batch of photos then, in the menus, go to Image > Adjust Date & Time. You might find that it actually creates a copy of each photo with the new date/time.

Reaction score
Dear Mgmcc, I just had an occasion to try your suggestion and it works! Great! Thanks for your help, Dirk

Ask a Question