Wireless speaker

Reaction score
I have a Bose Sound link 3 which I like a lot but I want to buy another speaker to place and keep in one room, meaning it can always be plugged in.
I have heard wifi speakers sound better. Does that work with my iPhone just as well? I listen to Sirius, tune in radio stations, Pandora, and music from my library. I do not subscribe to Apple Music.
Would an airplay speaker give me more advantages? If yes what?

Lastly, would it be worth it for me to wait for the Apple Homepod or get something like the Sonos Play 1 today? LIke, what advantages would the Homepod have?

I would be using the speaker in a 10 by 10 room.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Actually, that Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III is a pretty nice speaker. I listen to them all day, in two different work locations, in rooms that are much larger than that.

An AirPlay speaker is basically a Wi-Fi speaker that is compatible with Apple products. One of the advantages is that you can actually stream to multiple AirPlay devices simultaneously.

The Sonos and HomePod are a little more expensive, and may give you a slight boost in sound quality. They have a bit more flexibility as well. The HomePod will also have Siri and the ability to control HomeKit devices. The HomePod will really work best with an Apple Music subscription.

It's really a personal decision for what your budget is and what feature set you would like.

C

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. Are there any airplay speakers you recommend for less than the $199 Sonos Play 1?

Ask a Question