Will current Photoshop run on this?

Reaction score
I'm looking at a used 27" mid-2017 imac that I would use mainly for Lightroom and Photoshop, and some other occasional graphics work. I currently use an older imac with CS6, need to upgrade. Usage would not be heavy.

I've looked at Adobe's system requirements, and can't match them to the specs of the computer I'm looking at. I understand the mid 2017 machines will run the latest OS (OS 10.14 is installed, I'd need to upgrade) and I can't imagine this computer wouldn't suit my needs, but I'd like to be sure before purchasing it.

The specs for the machine I'm looking at are 4.2 Hz Quad Core i7 with Turbo Boost to 4.5 Ghz, 16 Gb memory, 512 Gb SSD, Radon Pro 580 8Gb. Adobe requirements include Multicore Intel processor (@Ghz or faster with SSE 4.2 or later) , but they also spec ARM-based Apple Silicon processor, I don't know why.

So my question: will this machine run current Photoshop? And thanks for your patience o my ignorance of this stuff.

Reaction score
I have a slightly older (late 2015) 27" iMac (macOS Monterey) that I regularly use Lightroom (Currently V12.3) and it runs just fine. I have occaisionally used Photoshop, which also works.

Reaction score
I'm looking at a used 27" mid-2017 imac that I would use mainly for Lightroom and Photoshop, and some other occasional graphics work. I currently use an older imac with CS6, need to upgrade. Usage would not be heavy.

I've looked at Adobe's system requirements, and can't match them to the specs of the computer I'm looking at. I understand the mid 2017 machines will run the latest OS (OS 10.14 is installed, I'd need to upgrade) and I can't imagine this computer wouldn't suit my needs, but I'd like to be sure before purchasing it.

The specs for the machine I'm looking at are 4.2 Hz Quad Core i7 with Turbo Boost to 4.5 Ghz, 16 Gb memory, 512 Gb SSD, Radon Pro 580 8Gb. Adobe requirements include Multicore Intel processor (@Ghz or faster with SSE 4.2 or later) , but they also spec ARM-based Apple Silicon processor, I don't know why.

So my question: will this machine run current Photoshop? And thanks for your patience o my ignorance of this stuff.
Your iMac18,3 is compatible with macOS Ventura. It should be compatible with Adobe Photoshop 2023, and Lightroom. The inclusion of Apple Silicon simply means that it will also run on the newest Macs.

Ask a Question