wi fi interuptus

Reaction score
have been forced to use wifi due to router failure and i noticed the lights on my router blinking as if i were down loading and my questions are this .....without dealing with the router, i know sod all about routers, and any way to confirm a hack in the wifi system ....i am wep password protected ......where i live im pretty sure it would be a smart phone, if im being used and if a computer it would surely be a windows...and is there a way to get an ip address if i discover an intrusion ......i have used surplus meter and it was actively indicating a download i wasnt doing .......is there dialogue the back ground that could cause this?.........i gave the lady below me permission to piggy back to check her whatsup app but the surplus meter was active when she wasnt on the system thanks
hope you all are well
d.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

The lights may be blinking due to numerous reasons - maintaining a connection, background software update downloads, commands from file/printer sharing if enabled, etc. I use several apps to diagnose/monitor network connections/traffic. I think one of the easiest ones to use is is iNet Network Scanner. It will show you all of the devices connected to your network.

Remember, devices have to be within 150 feet to access Wi-Fi...more like 80-90 feet in real-world, and less if the building is older or has a lot of walls blocking the signal.

C