Why do I get a blank page when I Import from scanner in Preview?

Reaction score
For some reason in Preview v.9.0 (909.18) I started having this problem: when I use "File/Import from scanner name..." I scan the image but the new file is blank. I do see the thumbnail in the sidebar on the left side but only a blank page for the image I scanned. Out of frustration I experimented and found that by using the "Scale document up/down" buttons I can bring the scanned image into view. Is there a way to reset something so that the scanned image will appear as a full size image that fits in the Preview window as it used to? Thank you.

Reaction score
"File/Import from scanner name..."
Never noticed that you could do that.

Anyway, works ok for me. Preview 909.18, Sierra and HP Photosmart 3100.

Can you scan using Image Capture?

Reaction score
Can you scan using Image Capture?
Thanks so much. I tried Image Capture and the scanned image did appear as a full size image once I opened the file. I have an Epson Perfection 2450 Photo Scanner circa 2001 and for some reason when I switched to a Mac I have always scanned using Preview. One difference is that once scanned, the image immediately appears in a Preview window so I can determine if I happy with the result but for now I will continue to use Image Capture.

Ask a Question