What is C3?

Reaction score
I have Mac Minder on my kids computers (eMacs 1GHz). I keep getting a message saying she is not allowed to use a program C3 and it will be shut down. What is this program? If I can find where it is, I can put it on the allowed program list possibly.

Thanks from a Mac novice.

Reaction score
In a default installation all programs in a Mac are installed in the Applications folder. Take a look there.

Reaction score
I checked in the application folder but there is no program names C3 there. I have not installed any program by this name, so I think its likely a base Os X component (?).

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I checked in the application folder but there is no program names C3 there. I have not installed any program by this name, so I think its likely a base Os X component (?).

Can you try to find out exactly what your son/daughter is/are doing just prior to the Mac Minder alert box popping up?

Also can you tell me exactly what the alert is, word for word .....

What do your kids mainly use the eMac for? Might be worth to list exact apps/games that they usually access ...

Reaction score
I have triplet daughters (hence my nickname) age 7. They use safari to access selected internet sites. Also, the have educational programs from a series called Mia. It has separate reading, math, and science programs. It also includes a sim-like game called Creature Village. Of Course I am trying to get the error message to come on so I can quote it, and it is no where to be seen. When i get it, I will post it.

Thanks

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Thanks for that extra info, Triplets .... what OS versions are installed on the eMacs?

If you have Safari then it must be Mac OS X, but to find out the exact version go to the Blue Apple icon in the upper left of the menubar and select "About This Mac".

So, can you recall whether or not this alert comes as a result of doing something/launching something etc, or is it very random in occurence?

Does the Mac shut down when this alert shows?

Try checking the name of each app you have allowed your kids access to, against the list within the Mac Minder app. If the names of each app don't exactly match then you need to rename them so that they do. Also try dropping each apps icon over the Mac Minder window, onto the section that shows which apps are allowed.

You should look at the log Mac Minder creates of each user and which apps have been used in a session. Then we can take it further.

I'm still searching for info on what C3 is. All I've found so far is a website called Cubed3 or C3 for short.

Reaction score
I have Os X 10.4 (Tiger) installed. The error message appears to be random and not related to starting any program.

The only programs my kids start are Safari, and the 4 Mia programs.

In the Mac Minder log, it lists as one the programs attempting to go on is "C3".

The error message does not cause anything other than 4-5 error windows that have to be shut down by clicking OK. Then you can go back to the program you were on earlier.

Interestingly, I have 3 eMacs with the same configuration and programs installed. Only one of these computers does this. The others have not done this. I cant think of anything different I have done on this computer that I haven't done on the others

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
It seems to me to be some sort of irritating bug and I'd create a new Standard User Account and set it up exactly how you have all the others set and have your child use that account for a while and keep an eye on whether or not this C3 program persists in activating the Mac Minder program alert.

This may just be a minor bug with the User Account or it may need some further troubleshooting if it still happens in a second user account. This would mean that the issue is a System wide one as opposed to a User bug.

Reaction score
It could possibly be a widget perhaps. (one of those widget games from dashboard)