Webcam keeps freezing on video calls (Mac Mini M1 2020, Logitech C922)

Reaction score
I just bought a Logitech C922 webcam to use with my Mac Mini (M1, 2020). It seemed to work OK at first, but now the frame freezes every few minutes when I am doing calls through Microsoft Teams, and I have to click to turn the video off and on again for it to start working again (only to then stop another few minutes later).

Have downloaded drivers etc from Logitech's website and am now at wits end on how to solve. Does anyone know what the issue might be? I am wondering if it's:
  • A software issue
  • Logitech C922 is incompatible with Mac Mini
  • An issue caused by my setup
If it helps, this is my current setup:
  • Mac Mini (M1, 2020)
  • ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock
  • Jabra Enterprise Stealth UC MS Headset, connected via USB dongle
  • Magic Keyboard and Trackpad, both connected via Bluetooth
  • 2x Samsung SR350 24" monitors

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-I believe I read about issues with Microsoft Teams and Macs recently...does the issue happen with any other video application - Photo Booth, Google Meet, Zoom, etc.?
-Is the Logitech camera connected directly to the Mac mini, or through the ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C Dock? If so, that may be part of the issue, since it is really only compatible with ThinkPad computers and Windows?

C

Ask a Question