Water damaged MacBook pro

Reaction score
So I spilled some water 3 days ago and I've already dried my laptop. However, my Mac is not charging right. The light turns green but the green light is super weak. Of course my mac is not turning on either. Anything I can do to make it work? Or I can try?

Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately, if it will not charge or power on, then the water did internal damage to the logic board and/or the I/O power board. It will need to be serviced or replaced. I believe the price for repair, if it isn't beyond repair, is around $1240 plus tax USD through Apple.

Do you have any local shops that can take a look at it?

C

Reaction score
Thank u for ur reply...
Not really sadly but the charger does turn green but I'm not sure if it's charging or not.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

If the charger indicator light is green, that means it is reporting that the battery is fully charged. Orange/amber is the charging state. So, it sounds like it is not charging.

What is worse is that the Mac should startup when connected to AC even if the battery is not charging. It sounds like it has sustained some serious damage and will need a major repair.

C

Ask a Question