Wake Up issues

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm having issues with my late 2012 27 inch desktop running the latest software. When i put it to sleep it doesn't wake up as usual. Even if i press the power button it won't awake. The only way it comes back to life is if i unplug the power cable and then back in again. Is this an inevitable run to the genius bar. I searched and tried all sorts of remedies as picked up from the net but to no avail. The only thing connected to it is the external hard drive which i have had from day one and the bluetooth keyboard and trackpad.
Thanks

Reaction score
There have been "similar" posts about such an issue, but I cannot remember any specific remedy/remedies. However, here are the results of a google search of "wake up issues with iMacs":

https://www.google.com/search?q=wak...rome..69i57.8055j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

And the first one in that list:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204760

could be the most helpful.

By the way, are you running OS 10.12.3? A new version of Sierra, OS 10.12.4, was released the other day. But I did not see anything about that release related to your issue.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which exact model is your iMac?
-Does it have the 3 TB hard drive option?

C

Reaction score
It's the 1tb fusion spec. I reinstalled the software and it's worked a treat so far. I spoke to apple support and they ran me through the usual smc reset. Then asked me to boot up in safe mode and put to sleep and awake which worked fine but safari wouldn't load and mail wouldn't respond. They then asked me to reinstall the software which I duly did and so far so good. I'd never have thought it would be a software issue but I'm not clued up on these machines. Anyhow thanks for the help guys.

Ask a Question