Video clips stop playing

Reaction score
Videos (e.g You Tube) stop after playing for several seconds on my iMac and will not resume. The seconds tick off to, say, 15 seconds, the video stops. If I play the same clip from You Tube on a PC there is no problem. Can anyone tell me why this is and how I can fix the problem?

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Someone suggested that to me but when I checked there was an auto notice that indicated I had the latest Flash. I think I'll try and replace the one I have and see if that works.

Reaction score
I have installed Adobe Flash player again but the video clips will not play properly--they stop, and when starting the clip there is temporarily no video but the sound can be heard. Then it stops and starts and frequently will stop at a certain point permanently. This is a recent problem. Until a shirt time ago everything worked perfectly. I have made no changes on my Mac to cause this problem that I know of.

Reaction score
How old is the Mac and what is the OS?

the internet is a strange place, people can make changes at the "other" end of the tube... that effect you.

Reaction score
How old is the Mac and what is the OS?

the internet is a strange place, people can make changes at the "other" end of the tube... that effect you.

I have an iMac purchased on 20 May, 2010. The OS is version 10.6.8

Reaction score
Safari version 5.1.7 (6534.57.2)

Not that I know of. The only updates installed are those done automatically.

Reaction score
Under the Safari Menu > Empty Cache...
check for fix, if not
Try Safari Menu > Reset Safari...

Reaction score
Under the Safari Menu > Empty Cache...
check for fix, if not
Try Safari Menu > Reset Safari...

Have emptied cache and reset Safari. Have tried a You Tube video and it seems to be ok. Fingers crossed, and hopefully that has fixed it. Will test it a few times over the next day or so. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Reaction score
Well that was short-lived. I tested on a You Tube clip last night before shutting the computer off and it seemed to be working ok. This morning everything is stop-start once again. Tried two You Tube videos and both did the same--stop-start. Tried them both on a PC and they worked perfectly.

Reaction score
Did you reset the Cache again?

Something is corrupting the a cache or setting.

Reaction score
Did you reset the Cache again?

Something is corrupting the a cache or setting.

Yes, I did. But I am having the same troubles. I just tried two You Tube clips. One went for 40 seconds, the other for 50 seconds then stopped. In both cases the sound began long before the video showed.

Ask a Question