Video burning issue

Reaction score
How is it possible for the original video to be viewed in it's upright position once it is burned to a CD or DVD? My mac has all the convertion apps, and they al work, but when you view the CD or DVD, all the videos are sideways, hot do I get them to be upright as they should be?

Reaction score
Sorry I'm not Psychic. What App are you using? what settings have you changed?

Reaction score
I have tried several different apps., standard Quicktime , plus iTunes., plus burn.app., all of them do the same thing. once they are burned, they show up in the CD sideways and not straight up and down like normal.Also tried any converter,app., to no avail.

Reaction score
they show up in the CD sideways
Are you talking about the small previews, being used as Icons? Icons are really square, there is no right or wrong way up on a square.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
This is an extremely bizarre issue as explained here and extremely difficult to advise without seeing exactly what you see, zezee3.

By all accounts this just cannot happen. It's just not feasible.

Can you take a screenshot of the original video window as it has been downloaded onto your computer, playing in the correct orientation, as well as a screenshot of the burnt video playing on it's side, it would go a long way to helping us help you.

As an aside, I've been known occasionally to film something with my mobile on it's side and end up with the exact opposite of your issue, a video downloaded onto my computer which is on it's side. In QuickTime (I don't know if it's just QT Pro that has this) there is a setting to fix this:

Window ~> Show Movie Properties ~> highlight the video track ~> Visual Settings Tab ~> Flip/Rotate

I have absolutely no idea how to fix an issue which is the reverse of this, though ??

Reaction score
OK, i have Mountain lion installed in my MAC, that's a start and then when i used the burn.app,it told me it had to convert the videos to mpg3, or something like that, so i said ok to the app. when it completed, and I ran the DVD, all the videos were sideways, and they are also sideways when I put the DVD in a Windows 7 PC. I just got a notification for Flip4MAC, to update it., so I did that, and now it recognizes .mov files. which is what my Ipod records in mode. I will try this and see what happens next. uite confusing for some reason. I'm a pretty good computer person but this one has me baffled just yet. I will continue to work with these apps, and let you know my findings.

Reaction score
As another mention, these are the regular videos, not icons. When I burn the DVD, and play it on a Windows computer the videos are sideways.

Reaction score
When the videos were converted to mpg, they all turned sideways.
Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 10.09.31 AM.jpg

Ask a Question