(Ventura) - Problems with Desktop Wallpapers not changing

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i have an issue i dont find a solution for. So I wonder if you guys could maybe help me. I have a MBAir M1 for a longer time now, usually only using it without external display, but if, I used a external monitor with it. You know, close the lid and use the monitor instead the macbook screen instead. Always worked fine, still does.

Now, just a couple weeks ago, I bought a Mac Studio. So, since that obviously doesnt come with a built-in screen ^^ I wanted to use my external monitors again. I have 2, and since the Mac Studio can handle multiple displays, that was the plan. Works fine, BUT there is a strange issue i have never come across before (and I am not a mac expert, just to let you know up front).

When I change Wallpapers on the Mac Studio, i use 1 Monitor as the Main Screen and the other as extened, same as I did with Windows, then most of the time the wallpapers dont change immediately. You see in the menu bar on top the background change to that wallpaper i changed for 1 or both monitors, but the wallpaper on the rest of the screens is still the same. I have never come across this before, but then none of my former Mac (which there werent many), came without a Screen, like the Mac Studio. So the only thing to get the background to change after actually changing it, is by changing the resolution and back. Change the resolution on one monitor is enough, then also the background for the 2nd monitor changes as intended. But what is this, that aint normal, is it ?

This never happend on my current Macbook or do I remember having this issue on older Macbooks i had occasionally over the years.
I dont find anyone describing this issue, most of the things I find are people having issues with wallpapers changing on its own. And for me, its rather the opposite.

I wonder if anyone ever came across that, and what issue it is ? Does it have to do with the Monitors (they work fine otherwise!), or is it an issue with the Mac Studio and Ventura or what is it. I am really annoyed by this. Sure, its not a major problem which I cant solve in under 10 Seconds, but this everytime is a strange one that is annoying. And if its the Mac Studio, then I would like to find out before I cant return it anymore.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the delayed response.

I haven't used multiple displays in years, and that isn't an issue I have experienced personally.
  • Is Ventura up to date to version 13.5?
  • Are you using built-in desktop pictures or ones that you have added manually?
  • Which exact model Mac Studio?
  • What brand/model are the two displays?
  • How are the two displays connected?
C

Ask a Question