Ventura and DxO PhotoLab 3

Reaction score
I now have an iMac 2017 which I will soon install OS Ventura on....(I haven't gotten to it yet, as of this writing, Monday April 17)

My HOPE was...that I would be able to run PhotoLab 3 on this "combo" – iMac 2017 + Ventura....

I had sent a question to DxO about this and got an inconclusive reply – "we don't know if PhotoLab 3 will run on newer systems"...and...

...I wanted to check here first, before I replied to the (always snarky) DxO "customer service" people...

I didn't anticipate the possibility of a fairly late DxO version not being able to run on a Mac OS system version that was more recent than the DxO software....it's usually the other way around, one would have to be concerned....(I have been running PhotoLab (1.2.3) on a MacPro 3.1 with El Capitan, which was the only way to run any PhotoLab on this machine....)
Thanks in advance for any insight....!
Gunnar

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

From what I can see, here are the official system requirements/officially support versions of macOS:

DxO PhotoLab 3
• Intel CoreTM i5 or higher
• 4 GB of RAM (6 GB recommended)
• 2 GB available disk space (6 GB recommended)
• OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina)
• Graphics card with 512 MB of video memory for handling GPU acceleration

DxO PhotoLab 6
• Intel® CoreTM Processor with 6 cores or higher, or Apple SiliconTM
• 16 GB RAM
• macOS 12.0 (Monterey), macOS 13.0 (Ventura)
• 6 GB available disk space
• AMD RadeonTM Pro 580X or better for Intel® Macs

Per that, DxO PhotoLab 3 may/may not work with Ventura. Unfortunately, you could either try it or they would be the ones to give official word. DxO PhotoLab 6 works with Ventura, however the 2017 iMac only has a maximum of 4 cores and a lesser video card, so it probably will not work.

I haven't ever used DxO PhotoLab, so I cannot test it or give a definitive answer.

C

Ask a Question