VCR tapes to DVD

Reaction score
I have a VCR Player, MacMini 10.11.1 Could you please tell me what I need from scratch to accomplish this. Is there a software program that is recommend for Mac? Do I need it? Thank You

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I've only ever done this with a PC but you'll need an analogue to digital converter ... have a read through this for tips.

Reaction score
FWIW, last year my wife got me 'Elgato Video Capture' for Christmas. I used it with a Macbook Pro to convert a stack of vhs tapes to 16 dvd's. She got it from Amazon, didn't cost much. It worked wonderfully to convert the tapes I made of my family growing up. I made copies for all the kids using iDVD.

Reaction score
Thank you all for responding to my Post. I am a senior (78) familiar with my MacMini but far from knowing much of
anything in depth. Example Analog to digital. The recommended I would like is the basic way VCR to DVD. In my
answers I was recommended to purchase several software programs. I need the recommendation of one that would
fit my needs. Does the software convert the Analog off my VCR Player? I need a basic grandfather program to follow.
I would never complain, I would just like to give it a try on a level I could understand. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Yes, the device I recommended to you does convert analog to digital. However, I am not familiar with a MacMini and can not tell you how your computer would handle it differently than my Macbook Pro. I can tell you that processing videos can take a huge amount of memory, so be prepared to deal with that. Some of the DVD's I made were sufficiently large enough that I had to use 'double layer' DVD's. I did not have a working VHS player but this device plugged into my old camcorder the same way. There was software that came with it that I downloaded and it was friendly enough. Just my 2 cents worth.
arc

Reaction score
Yes, the device I recommended to you does convert analog to digital. However, I am not familiar with a MacMini and can not tell you how your computer would handle it differently than my Macbook Pro. I can tell you that processing videos can take a huge amount of memory, so be prepared to deal with that. Some of the DVD's I made were sufficiently large enough that I had to use 'double layer' DVD's. I did not have a working VHS player but this device plugged into my old camcorder the same way. There was software that came with it that I downloaded and it was friendly enough. Just my 2 cents worth.
arc
arc

Reaction score
arc1953 thank you for your great information. I went to Amazon to order the Elgato, I wonder if I could ask you a favor. On Amazon there are 3 to 4 Elgato video Captures listed. Could you give me the info on the one you purchased. I read all the pro's on Elgato and
it all goes along with your reply. Again thank you

Reaction score
After you click on the item, scroll on down til you get to the technical specs on it, you will see a part number and a item number. It is 10020840. It is the same number as mine. $79.22.
arc

Reaction score
After you click on the item, scroll on down til you get to the technical specs on it, you will see a part number and a item number. It is 10020840. It is the same number as mine. $79.22.
arc
Thank You Just ordered it You were a great help.

Ask a Question