UPS

Reaction score
Hi - can anyone recommend a power supply protection and back-up for my new iMac plus peripherals (Canon MP printer and Harmann Kardon speakers)? I live in Shetland and subject to power blackouts, spikes and surges.

Reaction score
We use APC, but there are a few good ones out there. You want something with battery, phone, and ethernet. out also has a USB that talks to the Mac's Energy System Preference.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've also got an APC UPS, mainly to power a NAS (and shut it down gracefully if required). It only has enough power to keep it running for around 20 minutes without mains power, but that's long enough for me.

Do you need to keep the system running for a while, or are you happy with a short period of time to save work and shutdown? If it's the latter, something like this should do the trick:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/APC-BE700G-UK-Interface-Power-Saving-Back-UPS/dp/B002RXED6A/

There are much higher capacity ones, but they'll cost a lot more!

Ask a Question