Upgrade to Ver 9.3.5

Reaction score
I have an iPad2 model MC979PP/A with Ver 8.0.2 (12A405). In response to an upgrade notification, I downloaded Ver 9.3.5 on my iPad. I clicked the "Install" and it hangs. I can't figure out what is happening. The WiFi is good, the iPad is fully charged. I tried to "Ïnstall" another time several times, and it hangs everytime. Please advise what am I doing wrong? Why is the "Install" facility is not working. Thank you.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-How much free space is there on the iPad? Too little can cause the install to hang.
-You could delete the installer on the iPad, connect it to a computer, and use iTunes to upgrade it.

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory Cooper for the kind feedback.
The iPad still 11.3GB available out of the total 12.9GB. Prior to downloading the update software, the iPad was reset so it is almost empty. If you don't mind, please send me instructions to delete the installer on the iPad, and my iTunes is installed in my Windows10 PC. Will that work? Thanks again.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

If you don't need anything on the iPad, the most simple way would be to connect it to your PC, and in iTunes click Restore. That will completely erase the iPad, download 9.3.5, and install it. You can then go through the setup screens as you did recently.

C

Ask a Question