update unavailable

Reaction score
OK, I get a notification telling me that there is a system update. I go to the App Store, and it says that Garage Band is an "available update". So I log in and it says

"Update Unavailable with This Apple ID

.. because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled"

I get this notification regularly, and the denial as well. I DON'T CARE about GarageBand. I want it to stop notifying me that I have an available update that I can't get. How can I tell it that I DON'T WANT that update? As in, GO AWAY! This is pretty annoying.

Reaction score
I totally understand your frustration! Except for iTunes and the OS, I do not use any Apple software, but I get similar notifications. This link tells you how to stop such notifications for each specific app:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21854?locale=en_US

Hopefully, you'll see Garage Band on that list. It was not on mine, but I actually do not remember if I ever got one which included Garage Band. I actually tend to ignore most of those Apple-specific notifications.

Reaction score
Well, Garage Band is not in that list of notifications, though "Messages" and "Reminders" are.

Now that I look around, there are a lot of complaints about *precisely* this update notification that won't go away, and no solutions have been proposed. I trashed GarageBand. Relaunched AppStore, and it was no longer listed as an available update. Hooray! I guess if I want it I can try reinstalling it.

Ask a Question