Update Unavailable with this Apple ID

Reaction score
I am unable to completes updates as it says the product was bought by a different user.

In fact the imac was bought by my daughter and I from her. Unfortunately she has no idea as to what user is / password she was using at that time.

The silly thing is that it allows me to update the whole operating system and then will not allow security updates. The current problem is with an iphoto update.

How can I get round this?

Reaction score
I am unable to completes updates as it says the product was bought by a different user.

In fact the imac was bought by my daughter and I from her. Unfortunately she has no idea as to what user is / password she was using at that time.

The silly thing is that it allows me to update the whole operating system and then will not allow security updates. The current problem is with an iphoto update.

How can I get round this?
I also had this come up!! Will be interested to read the response as shortly afterwards the automatic alerts started arriving again!

Ask a Question