"Up Next" podcasts don't sync well

Reaction score
Sometimes, my "Up Next" podcasts don't sync well from my Mac to my iPhone & Apple Watch. Sometimes I listen to a podcast on my watch and then it wants to play a podcast that I've already listened to. I go to my Mac and see if it thinks I have listened to that podcast (it thinks I have), and I fast-forward through the podcast, only to have an older podcast come up. Often my Watch says the podcast isn't loaded (I switch to my phone).

After a bunch of futzing, it's back to normal.

But right now, my Mac and iPad have the same "Up Next" podcast from a past date. My iPhone doesn't have it, but instead has a different past episode! I plugged both devices into my Mac and synchronized them. The settings for podcasts are identical. But they still have different "Up Next" podcast episodes shown.

I want all four devices to be synchronized, and always have unplayed episodes in "Up Next" and nothing else there. But I haven't been able get this to reliably work with months of effort.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry, I don't use the Podcasts app much and don't have an Apple Watch. I know you have had a lot of trouble with podcasts staying in sync in the past, and unfortunately I haven't had enough experience with it to help.

C

Ask a Question