Unlocking Passwords ?

Reaction score
Hello,

Have been going around and around with this, but still have the problem.
Will blame it on old age.

If anyone has any thoughts on, or what else I can try, would be very appreciative.
Running Mojave.

I am trying to Unlock all my Passwords, so that whenever a box comes up from a site
that asks for a Login, the Password appears in a small pull down menu that you can simply click on.
It used to work this way, but something obviously changed.

Have gone to the Unlock screen in Preferences, entered a Password for it, and made sure all the boxes to click or unblock for
to allow the unlocking of all the Passwords listed here. Still all the sites as you to "Unlock Passwords".
Apparently the Unlock box/command isn't being taken.

If anyone could walk me thru, very specifically, how to Unlock
all my Passwords, would be appreciative.

Thanks,
Bob

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Newer versions of Safari always lock Password in Safari Preferences when the window is closed. I would check the AutoFill > AutoFill web forms: User names and passwords settings in Safari Preferences, and make sure it is checked.

I personally don't use those features in Safari, as I use 1Password to manage and autofill passwords and other secure information, as it syncs across all my Apple devices.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory,

As always, thanks for help; much appreciated.
Will look at 1Password also.

Regards,
Bob

Ask a Question