SOLVED Understanding graphics card (need to meet college computer requirements)

Reaction score
Hi, I am searching for a computer that will need to run AutoCAD and respective programs for my college courses. There is a list of requirements for said computer (I will list requirements below) and the graphics card is way over my head. It looks like I will need to get a refurbished macbook pro to meet the intel core I5-I7 requirement, no apple chips allowed, and have found a couple that might fit the bill. I need to know if "AMD Radeon Pro 5300M with 4GB of GDDR6 memory" is DirectX11 compliant.

Requirements as follows;
For Apple Macintosh
Intel® Core i5 as a minimum. Core i7 suggested. Intel Only.
Mac OS X v10.8 or greater
Windows 10 – *Separate retail purchase. Windows will need to be boot-camped onto Apple Macintosh
16GB of RAM minimum
500GB free hard disk space
* 1GB, OpenGL 3.2 and DirectX 11 compliant, Discrete Graphics Card as a minimum. 2GB suggested. *

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated!

Reaction score

AMD Radeon Pro 5300M​

GRAPHICS PROCESSORNavi 14

CORES1280

TMUS80

ROPS32

MEMORY SIZE4 GB

MEMORY TYPEGDDR6

BUS WIDTH128 bi

Graphics Features​

DirectX12 (12_1)OpenGL4.6OpenCL2.1Vulkan1.2Shader Model6.5

Reaction score
Thank you! From my limited understanding it looks like those graphics features are backwards compatible so I should be good to go. I appreciate your response.

Ask a Question