Two-finger zoom-in not working in OSX 7.3

Reaction score
I updated to OS 10.7.3 in my MacBook Pro and since then the feature whereby you can zoom in and enlarge the screen image by spreading two fingers on the trackpad no longer works. What's up?

Reaction score
If you're talking about resizing the Finder Icons, Lion took that away, not 7.3.

If you're talking about Zooming the whole screen then its, Control + 2 finger Scroll ( Up and Down) or Mouse Scroll, not pinch. You can change the modifier key in Universal Access

Reaction score
Thanks. I was talking about zooming the whole screen. Wish they would tell us these things. Note that System Preferences > Trackpad > Scroll & Zoom still shows the old pinch method.

Are there any other surprise hidden changes in 7.3 that you know of?

Reaction score
If you look closely in System Preferences > Trackpad > Scroll & Zoom you will see that Pinch to Zoom is in Preview, it still works there and in iPhoto, Safari. Lion took it away just in Finder.

There are no UI changes in 7.3

Reaction score
If you look closely in System Preferences > Trackpad > Scroll & Zoom you will see that Pinch to Zoom is in Preview, it still works there and in iPhoto, Safari. Lion took it away just in Finder.

There are no UI changes in 7.3

Thanks. I don't see what you refer to in Scroll & Zoom, but I had noticed that pinch still works in Preview. It doesn't work in Safari, for me at least.

Sorry, what's UI?

Thanks again.

Reaction score
I'm just saying that the illustration, the little movie, does not show Finder Zooming with a Pinch, it shows Preview zooming. Look, its in the Preview window its not the Finder window. Nowhere does it show Finder zooming with a Pinch, but you can do it with a Control - 2 finger scroll. Snow Leopard changes the Icon size with a Pinch but they removed that in Lion because it cause people confusion.

Safari Version 5.1.2. via Safari > About Safari

UI = User Interface.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Ahh, since I use a Standard User Account type I miss out on the new releases ... had no idea we were up to .7.3 and Safari 5.1.3

Jim Whillipers !!! The Mac OS X Update Combined is 1.3 GB !!! Since our son moved out we downsized our internet plan and this update will have to wait until the hours of 2am - 8am ....

Ask a Question