Trojan home network invasion

Reaction score
I noticed, when I accessed my Netflix account, the dialog appeared to be English characters making what I believe are VietNamese words. When I went to “My Netflix” I was rerouted to an Apple site and was advised my system devices were infected with a Trojan Horse virus, and to call 1 888-505-2165 to be walked through a clearing technique. I called and was connected to a female who obviously didn’t have English as a primary language. After several attempts realized she told me my home network was infected and she would give me cleaning instructions. That scared me and I asked for another agent with a more easily understood vocal delivery. That proved to be a male who started at square one and whose delivery was only marginally better. I shut everything down and lit it up this morning. Was I on with an Apple support team? Or a foreign scammer with really bad phone connections to some far off place?
JohnD

Reaction score
Sounds like you were talking to scammers.
The contact number for Netflix in the US is 0808 196 5391

The number you called may be a premium rate number to a foreign country.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sounds like you were talking to scammers.
The contact number for Netflix in the US is 0808 196 5391

The number you called may be a premium rate number to a foreign country.
I was redirected to Apple not to Netflix.

Reaction score
Still a scam. Any web page can throw up a pop up and say you are "infected" when in fact you are not. Best bet is for you to run Malwarebytes on your system to make sure you do not have a virus. There are a plethora of scams that work this way: throw up a pop up and warn the user they have a virus, call us and we'll "fix" it, which translates to "we'll steal your personal info" or "we'll install malware on your system with your help".

Ask a Question