Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm asking $40 for it. (Maybe it would be best to continue such discussions via EMail. I believe you can EMail from here).

Reaction score
The link I posted references OWC SSD's only I never meant to imply this was for everyone.
But seeing as how the manufacturer/seller of my particular SSD advises not enabling Trim I'm good with that.

I never stated that enabling/disabling TRIM was for everyone (not sure where you are getting that from). Each SSD is different, as is each one's situation.

In actuality, the link I originally posted was a general one.

Reaction score
I bought my first SSD from OWC about 2-1/2 years ago, and I was advised that enabling TRIM was a good thing. Perhaps I'll poke around on their website and see if they've changed their minds.

The whole issue came up with me about six months after I bought that SSD and was thinking I needed to return it for replacement. Turns out the drive was okay, I was just getting a faulty report from DiskWarrior (which I no longer use nor recommend). That's when I was advised to enable TRIM.

Hmmm, I bought my OWC SSD about a year or more before you perhaps the info I posted is aimed at their newer drives.

Reaction score
Hmmm, I bought my OWC SSD about a year or more before you perhaps the info I posted is aimed at their newer drives.
Not sure about it and been a little too busy to do any digging. I suppose anyone can do whatever they want. I didn't mean to imply that I was handing down any divine dictates from On High. I certainly don't want to be thought of as someone going about spouting a bunch of "thus spake the Lord" type things!

Reaction score

OK, fine. But still don't understand what you said above, ie:

"The link I posted references OWC SSD's only I never meant to imply this was for everyone."

Maybe you could explain why you said that.

Reaction score
Not sure about it and been a little too busy to do any digging. I suppose anyone can do whatever they want. I didn't mean to imply that I was handing down any divine dictates from On High. I certainly don't want to be thought of as someone going about spouting a bunch of "thus spake the Lord" type things!

Well stated, Allen!

Reaction score
OK, fine. But still don't understand what you said above, ie:

"The link I posted references OWC SSD's only I never meant to imply this was for everyone."

Maybe you could explain why you said that.
It was someone else who originally posted that above, not me.

And it's late here in the midwest and I'm still up to my armpits in alligators with no clear vision on how to drain the swamp, so I'm not going to drudge through this whole thread to dig up whoever it was.

No need to get belligerent, sir.

Reaction score
It was someone else who originally posted that above, not me.

And it's late here in the midwest and I'm still up to my armpits in alligators with no clear vision on how to drain the swamp, so I'm not going to drudge through this whole thread to dig up whoever it was.

No need to get belligerent, sir.

I know that! My post was in direct response to what Pasquanel said. Look at his post, #23 in this thread. Then look at my response to that, post #25 in this thread. And in fact, within that post, I first quoted what Pasquanel said in his post, #23.

Also look at post #22.

Finally, not being belligerent. I am just asking for an explanation for his statement. That's all.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Because when I searched on enabling trim I entered my make and model and was directed to an OWC page see the link below.

Again, part of that I understand. But, when you state "I never meant to imply this was for everyone.", that is what I am questioning. No one ever said you stated, nor implies, that. We got your point about OWC SSDs. I have never seen anything like that for Samsung SSDs. In fact, a couple of us have provided examples/references, etc. to other aspects of TRIM.

Maybe word your posts more accurately/carefully next time. Remember, we are all trying to learn from each other here.

Reaction score
You just made my point I haven't seen anything like that in reference to any other brand. I just wanted to be clear that the link was for OWC and not any other make.

You might consider taking a deep breath it's not healthy getting your panties in a wad like that over pretty much a non-issue.

Reaction score
Again, that is clearly understood. But your statement "I never meant to imply this was for everyone." basically says that "we" (ie, others like myself) were thinking what you stated was "gospel", ie, applied to everyone. That was clearly not the case at all. I am just objecting to that, especially given that your statement was accepted as is, and that there are other situations which need to handled differently.

Again, word your posts more accurately. And remember: Go along, and we'll get along.

And I'm cool with the situation. There are times where it is best to admit one made a mistake, and move on.

Reaction score
I have stated this as clearly as I can this will be my last communication with you as you clearly have some type of mental disorder. Anyone who goes through the regimen that you do on a weekly basis to maintain "A lean and clean machine" is a little wobbly, now it seems more like a lot. Now I hope this is worded so you can understand it I think you are unbalanced so this is "Adios".

Reaction score
Typical narrow minded, clueless response! Talk about "Stupid is as stupid does". Perfect example!

Reaction score
Pasquanel,

You are certainly exhibiting immature, idiotic, and childish behavior. I am not the one who started making insulting remarks. You are. But, again a perfect example of "Stupid is as stupid does".

I thought you were done responding. Man, talk about being a weirdo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question